10 things that were constantly reinforced during my 12 years of public school in America that had to be unlearned as an adult desiring to be an entrepreneur.
- Fit in instead of be original
- Follow the rules instead of questioning why they exist
- Helping others is cheating despite the fact that everything you do as a successful adult is a team effort
- Have good handwriting instead of teaching me to type
- Do it because the teacher said so, instead of teaching me to understand why doing it is important
- Don’t challenge authority instead of teaching me that I deserve respect too
- Get good grades in all my classes, even though I will never do trigonometry ever in life. (Sine these nuts. lol)
- Don’t fail instead of teaching me to value trial and error
- Debating and arguing with friends is a bad thing, instead of encouraging independent thought and self confidence
- Be a generalist and learn things I hate, instead of developing my genius at things that i like.
More Dumbshit that I still dont understand.
- Getting to school late will be punished by making you stay home for 3 days…WTF
- Memorize stuff that now can be looked up on Google.
- Learn to do calculus by hand, despite being required to purchase a $200 calculator.
- Appearing smart is more important than being effective…. REALLY?
These are all that I can think of now. Feel free to add dumbshit you learned in the comments section.